Sunday 4 April 2010

JERUSALEM lives up to its hype!

Not much will get me out of bed on a Saturday... but there are exceptions! one being getting in line at 8 in the morning for tickets to see Jez Butterworths new sell out smasher of a play at The Apollo.. Jerusalem...
It was touch and go whether the early morning effort would actually result in a ticket but low and behold, 10am.. Front row seat.. I am a happy camper!
Were the hours spent q-ing worth it? 100%! tearful/shaky and amazed... Mark Rylance's performance was hypnotic and reduced me to tears of laughter and sorrow... he is a genius, together with his ensemble cast including Mackenzie Crook (The Office) and Tom Brooke (the Boat that Rocked) who were simply superb this original and powerful masterpiece left me speechless.. (which if you knew me is very rare!) 4 standing ovations later.. I was out on the streets of Shafesbury Ave and some how back at the stage door... Call me a groupie or even a super geek.. maybe! but sometimes one just can't resist! Evidence attached! ; )

www.jerusalemtheplay.com



No comments:

Post a Comment